Groanings too Deep for Words

 
 
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."
Romans 8:26-27


These words of truth bring so much comfort, assurance, and peace! To know that the Holy Spirit is interceding for me on my behalf "with groanings too deep for words" is a huge comfort. Only one who genuinely cares about someone would pray for someone in that way. How often do you or I pray for a friend with groaning to deep for words? Never! Yet the Spirit is interceding for me in this way. This is indeed, an unfathomable love! Furthermore, because the father and the Spirit are one, the father knows the mind of the Spirit and the Spirit knows the mind of the Father, therefore, the Spirit knows how to intercede for me according to the will of God. When I pray, I pray for what I desire or what I think is best, but the Spirit is praying for me with the knowledge of what IS best for me and what GOD desires for me.



 

Comments

  1. Great encouragement! I love that verse. It is such a comfort to know that The Holy Spirit is interceding for me! It reminds me of vs. 34 "Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died-more than that, who was raised to life-is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us" And Hebrews 7:25 "Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."
    Not only does the Holy Spirit pray for us, but He helps us to pray for others as we rely on His Spirit! Thanks Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry-technical difficulties with my "reply as."
    Thanks so much for writing this. Sometimes we cannot cry out with sensible words--sometimes I can only look up to the sky, or raise my fist to heaven in a rage. He hears our hearts. And it's so comforting to know that He is also praying deeply like this....sometimes words dilute the depth of our communication. Keep walking and knowing He Sees it all. Love from Holland, Jasmine @ Heart in Formation
    http://heartinformation.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Jasmine! Thanks for commenting!
      Also I believe this is the first time I have seen you on my blog, so welcome! ;) Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope you have enjoyed it and will come back.
      Also do you live in Holland? I would love to go visit Holland someday. I have a great love for that place. ;)
      Thanks again for leaving a comment and sorry for the difficulties you had leaving a commenting. Sometimes blogspot does weird things. Hehe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books