A Family Favorite Soup Recipe


This may not be the healthiest soup you've ever eaten, but it sure is delicious. It is a family favorite, so I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Cheeseburger Soup

½ pound ground beef
¾ cup chopped onions
¾ cup shredded carrots
¾ cup diced celery
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
4 tablespoons butter (or margarine), divided
3 cups chicken broth
4 cups diced, peeled potatoes
¼ cup all-purpose flour
8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
1 ½ cups milk
¾ teaspoon salt
 ½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup sour cream

In a 3-qt. sauce pan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same sauce pan, sauté onions, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile in a small skillet melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook and sir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
Serves about 8


What is your families favorite soup recipe? I would love for you to share it was us, so we can try it, too. 

Comments

  1. Great recipe! I got this from my friend Brenda who is a fabulous cook, just like her mom. I like to make it with red potatoes and I usually just use water instead of chicken broth. One of the things I love about fall and winter is that I get to make lots of soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and a touch of cinnamon, I have discovered, does wonders!

      Delete
    2. I agree! Cinnamon is amazing. It adds flavor and life to just about anything you put it in.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books