Rejoicing Through Tears

Yesterday marked 7 years since my brother Micah went home to be with Jesus. I miss him a lot! Life will never go back to "normal". I sometimes think about the things Micah might would be doing now if he had lived. He probably would have gone off to college. I would eagerly wait for each home visit as I do with my other brothers. I would have fun playing the matchmaking game for him, trying to find the perfect girl for him to marry. I miss that I never got to see him graduate from high school, or college. I miss that I'll never see him get married or have children. Nevertheless, I rejoice! Yes, I miss him, and yet I rejoice. I rejoice, because I know he is home. He fought the good fight and won. He completed the race with endurance. He has reached the goal! He has won the prize! I rejoice, because he rejoices! I rejoice because God is awesome and His grace is sufficient for me! Micah is so much happier where he is now, than if he were doing any of these other things. He is truly free at last! He is with his Savior!
Does life get easier now after 7 years? No! I  continue to and always will miss Micah. I miss his dry humor, his laugh, his infectious smile, his joy, his love for music, his love for anything mint. I miss his teasing. I miss hearing him play the guitar and dancing to it outside his room, when no one was watching. ;) I miss the water contests or school contests we had! I even beat him in a math contest once. ;) My missing him has not lessened,  but God's grace is abounding! Thus, I can rejoice! I DO rejoice! I rejoice that some day I will see him again. We will meet again in that glorious land where there is no tears, no sorrow, no pain, or suffering. As I wait for that day I will continue to abide in God's amazing grace and rejoice.
To God be the glory forever and ever!

A couple years ago I did a series about Micah and how he died. Some of ya'll may have read that and know his story, but to ya'll who have no idea what this is all about, I would love if you read the series that I wrote about him.
Here are links to each post.
Introduction
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Also here is a link to a letter I wrote to Micah last year.
A letter to Micah

I hope you will have been blessed and encouraged by this post and any of the others I wrote about Micah. Have you lost a loved one? If so how has God encouraged and strengthened you in the hard times? I would love it if you left a comment and shared! 

Have a lovely day!

                                               Resting in God's Grace,
                                                                      Hannah Grace


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! It seems like such a long time ago for me, another world almost. But I do miss him, and what he could have been now. Glad to hear you are doing well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about Micah. I love the way you expressed your thoughts and I could say the same. As a mother my heart will always have a hole where Micah is missing. But because of Jesus coming as a baby to die for our sins and cleanse us from all sin, I have that hope of eternal life and of seeing Micah again.I often think of the things Micah never got to do like even get his driver's license. I really miss hearing him praise the Lord with his guitar even when he was suffering so much.I know he is now worshiping before the King of Kings and rejoicing. "Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me." Micah 7:8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books