Lydia

blue eyes, shockingly blond hair, and chunky cheeks.
A bundle of joy lay in my arms,
cozy, warm, and cute.
A miracle from heaven,
And a blessing from God,
That's what you are to me.
So tiny and small.
Such a wee little lass.
I wanted to hold you forever.

Nine years pass,
And you can no longer lay in my arms
Yet you still bring joy to every heart.
To hear your laughter,
Makes me laugh, too,
Even when millions of miles away from you.
The funny things you say,
The silly things you do.
The smile on your face,
And twinkle of mischief in your eyes.

The girl who sits beside the one who is sick,
Bringing comfort and joy to the weary soul.
Your little servant hands and feet,
Eagerly running to bring mom a glass of fresh water,
Or dancing about the room with glee.
Your mind so eager to learn,
You read book after book,
But your favorite, the Bible, God's holy word.

Lydia, my Sugar, my nine year old sister,
I love you.



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books