He Gives Power to the Faint


"Why do you say, O Jacob,
and speak, O Israel,
'My way is hidden from the Lord,
and my right is disregarded by my God'?
Have you not known? Have you not heard?...

The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
HE does NOT faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:27-31

My soul is weary, faint, and exhausted, yet I remembered these verse and they have been a source of great comfort and joy to my heart. These verses reminded me that no matter how weary I be and how weak and incompetent I feel, God, who is my creator, never grows weary or faint. He is the everlasting God and has created me and will sustain me. Furthermore, God never promised me that I would never grow weary or faint-hearted, but in fact, says I will grow weary, indeed. Nevertheless, when I call upon him, he hears my cries and increases my strength. When I have no strength God gives me strength! When I wait upon the Lord, he renews my weary soul and makes me to run again. God displays his power and strength in and through me by being my strength and renewing my strength when my soul grows weary and faint.






Note: Horse photo is NOT my photo.

Comments

  1. I love this verse and I am so thankful that He gives strength to the weary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books