Married and Home

Short moments away I will no longer be single....
 
 
...at last joining hands and becoming one with this man.


On May 25, 2018 I married my best friend and only a week before that, I graduated from Bethlehem College and Seminary.

A lot of people warn the bride and groom that their wedding day will be a fog, a whirlwind. But although the day was full, from getting ready in the morning, pictures, the ceremony itself, greeting all the guests, and at last leaving, yet my husband and I look back on that day with pure delight. Everything was beautiful and in my eyes it was perfect. I will love looking back for years to come on that beautiful hot yet happy spring day. I will want to tell my children all the little details of that wedding, from the sunflowers and daisies, to the food and the root beer floats, the family and friends that surrounded us.

Now here I am a couple weeks later, sitting quietly in my first little apartment with my husband, satisfied that the house is very nearly set up and I love its comfort and coziness, even though it may be small. I love that I got to set up this house and decorate it with my husband right beside me and I love that he patiently put several frames on the wall for me, first measuring precisely where they should go, and put up curtain rods for drapes.

I look forward to the many adventures that we will have this summer and the many adventures for years to come.

And thus, begins a new chapter of my life. The single years have come to an end and now I begin to share every joy and sorrow and mountain and valley with the husband God has so graciously given me.


*Photography by Mark Leake
 

Comments

  1. Your wedding was beautiful and honoring to God. I am so happy for you and so amazed at God's grace. It is worth the wait to wait for the one God has for you. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happy thoughts of you with your husband in your own home. I wish I could be near you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books