And this is How One Love Story Began


What better day to write a love story than today.

We met about three years ago. The exact details of our very first meeting I don't remember very well because it wasn't exactly love at first sight for either one of us. He was a young happy freshman while I was a sad despondent old junior.

It wasn't too long before we became friends though. He started serving in the kitchen with me, and became a sweet fragrance of joy and youth in my weary sad drained life.

It seems that the kitchen is a fitting place for two people to fall in love.

I am sure he will never forget the many gifts of "love" I gave him as a dishwasher. Yes, I brought him so many dishes which I pointedly told him was "from the bottom of my heart...... where all the dirt lies." What could get more romantic than that? Right?!?!?!

So we became friends. We played pranks. We did parties. We ate food. And we started sharing each others coffee drinks. (gross!) And I became madly in love with him while, he not so much.

That is, he liked me as a friend, but just couldn't see our relationship going any farther than that. And so two years passed and many tears I cried.

But then all things began to change quite suddenly. Through an unusual incident I made the immediate decision to talk to Tyler and find out if he truly did just consider me as a friend or thought of me more than that. I had little hope of success, but I had cried too many tears and loved him for too long and I knew something must change soon and sometimes two people just need to talk.

"He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me......"

We talked. I was scared to death. He knew what was coming. And......

He told me at last that he really did like me.

And this, my friends, is how our story began.

*A special shout out to, Elizabeth, our photographer.

Comments

  1. Beautifully written. I am so excited about your's and Tyler's new beginnings! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a kitchen is the perfect spot you would fall in love... with so much love in the kitchen you grew upon in. I can not wait for the rest of the story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell us more! Haha! Your story really is one of the sweetest I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And in two days you will be married! I am so excited and so thankful for God's amazing love and grace that He pours out on us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books