New Every Morning


I was reading A Daily Rate by Grace Livingston Hill the other day and I found this piece of poetry in it and thought I would share it with you because I found it to be very encouraging. I hope you are blessed and encouraged by it, as well.

Charge not thyself with the weight of a year,
Child of the Master, faithful and dear,
Choose not the cross for the coming week,
For that is more than He bids thee seek.
Bend not thy arms for tomorrow’s load,
Thou mayest leave that to thy gracious God,
Daily, only, He says to thee,
“Take up thy cross and follow Me.”

What is something that has encouraged you this week? Maybe it was a song you heard, a poem, Bible verse, a book, or a blog post you read. Maybe it was a friend or an incident that happened. I would love to hear how you have been encouraged this week.

Lamentations 3:22-24
“Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul,
‘Therefore I hope in Him!’” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books