The Benefits and Joys of Having Many Siblings
Hi! Here are my thoughts on the benefits and joys of having many siblings.
1. You don’t have to do all the chores yourself, because there are so many others to share the load. Many hands make light work, but too many cooks spoil the broth!
2. When you need help in school you have many people to choose from to help you. (If you are Homeschooled like me and if you are not the oldest).
3. There is almost always someone to play with, talk to, or just be with, so you don’t usually get lonely.
4. You do not get bored as easily, because someone can usually come up with something to do.
5. You have a lot of comforters when you get sick or hurt. (especially if you have a sweet little sister, who likes to comfort, like I do).
6. You can learn a lot from your siblings who enjoy telling you what they learned about something.
7. You learn to get along with a variety of people, so when you go out into the world you can know how to handle certain situations with different people.
8. If you don’t want to do something yourself then you have more of a chance of being able to get someone else to do it for you, because you have more people to ask.( Ok, that was called a lazy benefit . lol )
9. You can be more of a servant, because there are more people to serve. (Especially when someone else in your family is taking advantage of the “lazy” benefit.)
10. You always have a mechanic near by. If you break something, there is usually someone who knows how to fix it some way or another or at least thinks he knows!
11. There is always something to laugh about.
12. If you use bad grammar then there is always someone to correct you on it.
13. You learn to communicate with all ages.
14. You will have friends for life.
These are some of them and I’m sure there are lots more. So you see having a large family is truly a blessing. Of course when the oldest start going to college then there is less at home, and so it seems that your family is not so large any more, but of course you also get the joys of seeing them when they come home if they do come home, especially brothers (well in my family anyway, since they are the only ones who have gone to college.)
Of course, if you are one that doesn’t have a large family then I don’t want to make you ungrateful or wish for something that you don’t have. God knows the perfect size for every family.
God Bless You!