A Lesson Learned too Late

I thought this picture of two of my sisters was so sweet. It was actually taken about 8 years ago.

I am one of those people who can have a hard time showing my love to others. I might really love someone a lot, but I just don’t know how to tell or show them or else I am too shy to. I am not speaking here necessarily of romantic love either, I am speaking of love in general; love for my siblings, my parents, my friends, and others.
I have shared with you the story of my brother, Micah, and how he died and all. Just now I was thinking about him and just thinking how much I really loved him, and yet I am afraid I didn’t show him or tell him very well how much I really loved him. I am sure he knows that I loved him, yet I wish I had showed that love to him better.
 I think one of the biggest reasons for not showing that love for him is that I thought he would get better. I thought I would have decades of more years with him. But no, that wasn’t God’s plan. God took him home shortly before his 16th birthday. God’s ways are not our ways.
My point in sharing this is that we do not know how much longer we have to live. As much as we do not like to think about it, one of our siblings or a parent could die tomorrow or even today. It is not we who number our days, but God. We need to be prepared at all times and one of the ways we can be ready is to make sure our families, particularly, know that we really love them. If your sister, brother, mom, or dad died tomorrow, would they know for certain that you really loved them by your actions today?
I am saying all of this just as much to me as to you. I often go through my day without really showing my love for someone. I forget that I may not have a tomorrow with them. There really will be a tomorrow when we will no longer be able to tell them. How quickly that tomorrow comes, I do not know.
I do not wish this post to make you sad or fearful, but rather to encourage you to take the time to show love for your family and others. I wish you not to make the same mistake that I made myself.
By the way, I love all of you readers of my blog, whoever you may be. Thanks for taking the time to read what I write.
May your day be filled with smiles, laughter, and love in Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Peter 1:22-23
“Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,”

1 John 4:9-11
“In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”

1 John 4:7
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”

1 Peter 3:8
“Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With it's Heart Against a Thorn

Winnie the Pooh

Favorite Books